Chinese Language Scholarship Program 2017 Update: In order to attain the real objectives of China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC), Chief Minister of the Punjab, Mian Muhammad Shehbaz Sharif envisions the dire need of effective communication among Chinese and Pakistani people.
For this purpose of Chinese Language Scholarship Program 2017 , he has generously allocated funds to send 500 appropriately qualified, Punjab domiciled, youth to China for learning Chinese language.
In the light of the vision of the Chief Minister of Punjab, applications were invited in December 2015, May 2016 & November 2016. After selection on purely merit basis through a competitive process, one hundred and ninety three (345) Chinese language Scholarship awardees have already joined leading Chinese universities In China.
Now, for the selection of Chinese Language Scholarship Program 2017 for the remaining 115 slots, which counts 500 students, eligible talented students who meet the following basic eligibility criteria may apply in a prescribed manner.
I. Successful completion of studies will mean passing HSK-5 with the score of 210 or above.
II. High achievers (A+ & A Grades) are assured of placement on their return to Pakistan.
III. High achievers will also be offered continuation of Scholarships to complete 4 years Language Degree Program.
- Domicile of any district of Punjab.
- Between 22 to 24 years of age.
- Minimum 14 years of education from an accredited institution with at least first division in Bachelors.
- Applicant needs to medically fit.
- Provisionally selected candidates need to complete a short (2-3 weeks) Chinese course at a local institution.
- After final selection, applicants will need to secure admission for Chinese Language Studies in any approved Chinese institution for up to two years.
The applicants will be selected if they meet the eligibility criteria and the requirements of the scholarship program:
- If the applicants are double the number of available seats, a written test may be conducted to shortlist the candidates. Shortlisted candidates will then be interviewed to finalize the list.
- Students who qualify in the local Chinese language course will be offered the final scholarship award.
- Candidates working in government, semi-government or autonomous bodies need to send their applications though proper channels and with an No Objection Certificate (NOC).
- Applicants with prior Chinese language ability or those belonging to Southern Punjab will be given preference.
How to Apply
Applicants are required to apply online here and submit a hard copy of the application form along with relevant documents to the Financial Aid Office (FAO).
Last date for applications is 20th June 2017.
Image Credit: Paper PK