FBR SBP Tax Customs Duty Payments Using ATM Internet Banking Update: State Bank of Pakistan, Federal Board of Revenue and 1-Link have signed an agreement to develop a mechanism enabling public to pay taxes and customs duty using internet banking or ATMs.
FBR SBP Tax Customs Duty Payments Using ATM Internet Banking signing ceremony was chaired by Finance Minister Mr. Muhammad Ishaq Dar. The Advisor to the Prime Minister on Revenue, Mr. Humayun Akhtar Khan was also present in the ceremony.
The FBR SBP Tax Customs Duty Payments Using ATM Internet Banking facility would be available round the clock /7 days a week. As per the proposed mechanism the banks will add FBR (Inland Revenue) and FBR (Customs) as Billers in the Billers Module and develop necessary interface with 1-Link.
After the FBR SBP Tax Customs Duty Payments Using ATM Internet Banking system is made operational, the tax payers/importers will fill their tax and custom duty payment details in the FBR (IRS) and Customs (WeBOC) online modules to generate payment slip ID (PSID). The PSID will then be used to access the tax/duty payment details on banks’ webpage or ATM as the case may be.
The PSID will then be used to access the tax/duty payment details on banks’ webpage or ATM as the case may be. The tax payer or their agent will then pay the tax by debiting his/her bank account for onward credit to the respective government account in SBP BSC. The whole process will be online and fully automated.
The SBP has also advised banks to add FBR and Customs as Billers in the Bill Payment System offered by 1-link and develop necessary integration with 1-link within 2 months i.e. by 5th December 2017. The FBR SBP Tax Customs Duty Payments Using ATM Internet Banking system will be made operational by 31st December 2017 after necessary testing. The banks have been advised to demonstrate full ownership and commitment for successful and timely implementation of this strategically important project, which will bring huge efficiency gains besides facilitating the public in hassle-free payment of government taxes and duties.
The Governor SBP, on the occasion added that the initiative is part of SBP Vision 2020, which envisages the development of the robust payment system and it’s primarily aimed at facilitating the taxpayers and public at large in payment of taxes. The Chairman FBR, Mr. Tariq Mehmood Pasha, on the occasion said that the project is the result of collaboration and cooperation between FBR, SBP and the private sector and will go a long way in further improving the government tax collection systems.
Initially the online tax payment facility shall be made available for all FBR (Inland Revenue and Customs) taxes including income tax, sales tax, excise duty and custom duty. Subsequently the online collection facility will be extended to other Government entities and provincial governments as well. This shall be an additional option for payment of taxes as the existing tax payment facility at SBP BSC offices in fifteen cities and NBP branches across the country would remain available.
Stepwise Process Flow
- The taxpayer will access systems of FBR (IRIS) or Customs (WeBOC) and fill his / her tax payment details to generate PSID (payment slip ID) for onward usage.
- For tax payment, taxpayer will visit ATM or Internet Banking Portal and inputs his / her PSID generated in step 1 to fetch the tax payment details. After authentication of the payment details of taxpayer or his / her agent as the case may be, confirms the payment of tax.
- Accordingly taxpayer’s account is debited for onward credit to Government Account at SBP BSC Office through 1link system.
- As soon as the taxpayer’s account is debited, 1link system will generate a message for WeBoc or IRIS systems that payment against the PSID has been received.
- For confirmation, taxpayer may view electronic display of payment confirmation on screen of ATM or Internet Banking Portal; bank may also send SMS to taxpayer.
- 1Link will prepare MT-202 files (bank-wise) for settlement through RTGS.
- Simultaneously 1Link will also prepare a detailed report / file of individual transactions containing PSID wise detail of taxes collected through its system.
- Files of MT-202 messages and individual transactions will be fetched from 1links secured FTP and then posted for settlement in RTGS and SBP’s Core Banking system respectively.
- Reports from Core Banking system based on unique transaction IDs (e-CPR) mapped with PSIDs of IRIS or WeBOC systems will be uploaded at Data Acquisition Portal (DAP) of SBP.
- FBR’s IRIS and Customs WeBOC systems will fetch the respective reports from DAP for onward uploading in their System.
- Accordingly e-CPR / unique transaction ID will be available to the taxpayers through FBR’s systems i.e. IRIS and WeBOC.